HOW WE TEACH
At School One it is our job to reach every student. We designed our school on a personalized approach to learning four decades ago, and we’ve seen other private high schools follow our lead. Our teachers teach to the students, not to the test. They understand different learning styles and have worked with students needing a range of supports for learning differences.
OUR FACULTY & STAFF:
- want to make a difference for every student.
- teach what’s relevant, building on what students are passionate about and what’s important in the world and work together as a team to share best practices and address student needs.
- are supported by a full-time social worker and full-time special education coordinator.
- bring advanced degrees, success as practicing artists and real-world experience.
- love the School One community they help create. Most full-time faculty stay at the school for more than a decade.