Please see below for our current open positions.
School One, Providence, RI
School One is a progressive college-preparatory high school on Providence’s East Side serving under 100 students. We live by our Mission Statement, which includes the guidance that, “As a community, we treat each other with care and respect.” We pride ourselves on being inclusive; our diverse student body includes gender diversity, learning style diversity, neurodiversity, visible diversity, and economic diversity. School One is one school with many voices. The position is a new one and, as such, includes a fair level of aspiration. It may also evolve based on the strengths and interests of the new colleague. The good news is that the Office Manager has experience performing many of the functions; we are also fortunate to have a part-time accountant with decades of School One experience ready to help with onboarding and to provide perspective.
Monitor School One’s financial position (.4 FTE)
- Track the annual budget, providing updates for monthly Board meetings
- Participate on the Board’s Finance Committee monthly meeting
- Monitor investment performance
- Track donations and grants
- Solicit annual insurance bids as necessary
- Supervise benefits, including annual pricing
- Maximize ESSER, EANS, and other federal or state grants
Maintenance and Facilities Oversight (.2FTE)
- Supervise the subcontracted custodian
- Coordinate with other maintenance contractors
- Oversee general maintenance (retain a plumber and/or electrician as needed, coordinate with snow removal service)
- Generate and track a repair schedule
- Participate in review and implementation of the Facilities Master Plan
- Track compliance with fire safety drills, providing documentation to the fire marshal
- Order classroom furniture when needed
- Collaborate with the Office Manager
- Participate in school events as a valued and visible member of the community
- Participate on the Financial Aid Committee
- Collaborate with the Head of School on operational and strategic financial matters.
The successful applicant will have a head for figures and a heart for students. A positive approach is essential. A bachelor’s degree in a finance-related field is preferred as is experience in a similar position.
Salary range: $28-30,000 ($25/hr), with some room for adjustment based on skills and experience.
Please be aware that there is flexibility of schedule with this position based on mutual agreement.
To explore the position, please email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references (they will not be contacted by School One without our first speaking with you) to:
Head of School
220 University Avenue
Providence, RI 02906
"I look forward to coming to School One every day because I know there will be humor, intellectual stimulation, high spirits and visible academic and social progress in a population that's diverse in every possible way.”
— Cary Honig, Assistant Head of School